Wednesday, December 29, 2010

New Year's Resolutions... Maybe just a Bucket List!

I would consider myself pretty normal... in the sense that I, like most people, want to change and be a better me every year. Though I didn't take the time to make a list of New Year's Resolutions I seem to have the same ones year after year:

1) Lose 15 pounds, so I can be the best me

2) Be more productive by waking up an hour earlier every day

3) Being a person that says NO and is not a doormat to others.... this is always on the list but has never been conquered

4) Something else that I know will make me a better me

By February 1st I have already eaten 8 boxes of girl scout cookies that were bought on the 31st, I sleep in an hour later than the year before, I'm the ring the door, step on me, door mat again & I'm not really liking the "Better Me"

This year I have decided instead of making a list that will have me upset because I failed by February, I will make a change. This year I will make a List of all the things I want to do in 2011. These things will be things that I have wanted to do and so hopefully I will be able to look back on my year and I will be happy about all the things that I was able to accomplish instead of the things I lacked doing or resolutions I failed to keep. Also whatever was not accomplished in 2011 can always transfer to 2012!

Here is my Bucket List for 2011, who knows I might add more things to the list or adjust things that might not be what I really want to do:

1) Have a Family Getaway

2) Succeed in my Job - Have new skills that I didn't have in 2010

3) Start a New Hobby

4) Become a good sewer

5) Make a new friend

6) Get a Great Surprise for 2011 - I don't know what this will be but I want it to be something GREAT! (David you could do this.... wink, wink!)

7) Do something for someone that they can't do for themselves

8) Master 5 new recipes that become Family Favorites

9) Start a New Tradition

10) Have a Game Night Group

These ten things are things that I would love to have happen in 2011... Wish me luck!! I'll keep you posted!

Before I go..... I also still believe in having goals and resolutions, so here are ones that I want to do to become a "better me", and no I'm not putting one in about weight (already failed) :)

1) Finish Every Bible Study I start, including our couple's bible study

2) Be the Best Aunt I can be by making each niece or nephew feel important or special

3) Be the best wife that David could have... This isn't a trophy wife or Suzy homemaker, this is a real wife and best friend that listens, understands, is not selfish & is his biggest fan and cheerleader in every situation.

4) Have a Humble, Servant's Heart in every situation

5) Be nicer to all the "not so intelligent" drivers in Lubbock, TX

No comments:

Post a Comment