Monday, September 27, 2010

Happy Birthday! It's like getting a Pony!!!

Ever since I can remember birthdays have been my FAVORITE time of the year! I use to love having the parties, the cookie cake, the friends over and the day that you got to be the center of attention. Now I'm not so into the center of attention as I'm in to eating the cookie cake, cheesecake, birthday dinners, lunches & donuts! :)

This birthday was a harder birthday for me because I finally feel older. This birthday was the last birthday in the young 20s I am now 25 so I will be going to the late 20s next year! I'm actually an adult?!? When did this happen? When did I stop giving goody bags at my parties? When did I start wanting to clean and organize my house or take a nap on my birthday?!? What's up with this age thing?!

Another thing that I noticed this birthday was how extremely blessed I am. I had friends tell me happy birthday and I was overwhelmed with the love from my family. Short story... every year but one (my 16th birthday) I have always had a cookie cake. This year my sister Stephanie talked about making me a cheesecake for my birthday. I wasn't upset with the cheesecake idea because I love cheesecake. On the Saturday of my family party however I was a little sad about the fact that I wouldn't have a cookie cake. We opened presents and went into the kitchen to sing happy birthday and I had already seen the cheesecake that Steph had made so I was very happy. As I'm walking to the table I notice a big red box that I have seen many times before and low and behold it was my birthday cookie! WOW... I'm pretty taken care of. I know it's a cookie but hey it made my day and my birthday! As I left my sister's house that night I was thinking about how my life is truly awesome, to be honest every day feels like a birthday. Every week I am able to see my family, go out to dinner, watch movies or TV shows with family or friends, go eat ice cream, play outside with my nieces & nephew, teach children's choir, coach cheerleading, talk to my dad about OU football, cook for different events, hang out with my home group, plan for the future, go on walks, and basically live life the way I want. I guess everyday is my birthday!



Super happy about being next to birthday balloons!


One of many Birthday Cookies... And my mother rockin the stripes and red pants


Super cute... my dad should have bought me Japan for that smile!


Oh I'm so pleased with this toy that tells me the animals... Heavenly Angel (notice the plastic heels, they still fit)

Still to this day I'm so scared of fire! I think Stephanie enjoyed the crying that was taking place due to the fire!

No comments:

Post a Comment