Monday, January 23, 2012

Next Chapter in Our Journey

Anyone who knows David and I well know that we are about to embark on the next part of our journey.... Graduation! David will graduate from Tech this Spring with a Bachelor's Degree in Engineering. He has worked so hard and done so great and I'm truly proud of all he is doing at Tech. For over a year I have been thinking about the party I will throw him (that he doesn't want so it's more for me, ha!). We have been dreaming about future jobs, trips, 2 incomes, and a new house. We fell in love with a house that we saw a future in and we began to clean out closets and clutter over David's break, so that we could put our house on the market. After talking and hearing advice from former engineers, David came to me and told me about more options and opportunities he could have by going to grad school. After hearing about the opportunities, praying, and knowing how hard David would work to obtain this dream, we knew this was what God was calling us to do. We had planned for weeks, months and even a couple years to be done in May, but we have a peace about this decision and we know that God will provide, like he has in the past. David says what's one year more of being broke in the long run. Yes it will be tight, but I have looked back on what we have been able to do and have in the last 3 years and I'm amazed. We are super blessed to have a home as a young married couple. We are super blessed to have cars. I am blessed to have a job I love. I also believe that we are super blessed to live the life we have, being able to take small vacation, enjoy nights with friends, cook good meals, and by being happy. I think that we have more than we could ever ask for and I know that we will be better in the long run for this new chapter in our journey. It's not what we had a originally planned, but I know that it is what God has planned for us!


Let's Go Texas Tech!

No comments:

Post a Comment