Wednesday, March 1, 2017

Happy 70th Birthday Papa! We Love You!

We celebrated my Dad's 70th Birthday while we were there. We wrote what we love about Papa! It was a great time celebrating The Myth, The Man, The Legend... Joe Whitney! 



The Greatest Dad & Papa

As we celebrate your 70th Birthday, we wanted you to know how much you mean to us.

Caroline
                                                                                                                       
  • ·        Very Supportive                                                                              
  • ·        Outgoing and can make us laugh
  • ·        Entertaining
  • ·        Creativeness to make things
  • ·        Always Telling Jokes


Catherine
  • ·        I love that you show and teach me about horses and I want to have a horse someday because of you
  • ·        That you come to my basketball games and support me (although the refs do make bad calls all the time and you yell at them to make the right calls. Scratch that, make it you yell at them all the time)
  • ·        How you push me to work harder in sports
  • ·        I love the way you laugh
  • ·        How you’re not afraid to speak loudly even when you shouldn’t
  • ·        How you let us call you what we want to call you “PeePa”


Carter

·        Love the way he coughs after each time he laughs
·        I like that he goes to my golf tournaments and supports me
·        Love how he taught me how to say “Sorry Piece of Flesh”
·        Love his jokes that he says over and over again, but they are always funny
·        Love how he is always there to watch me, no matter what I’m doing

Cassidy

·        His laugh, it makes everyone else laugh harder
·        His funny but extensive jokes
·        His hard work ethic
·        His ability to build stuff – like my balance beam
·        His constant yelling at any supporting event

Anna Kate

·        That he plays with me
·        That he made my bench
·        He’s sweet to me
·        I like to play tea party with Papa
·        Papa likes OU, but I like Tech with Catherine

Owen

·        I love that we look alike
·        I love him being my Papa and I like being his OJoe
·        I love that he plays with me
·        I can’t wait to learn how to build things with him when I’m older
·        I love when Papa talks to me and smiles

Brad

·        Southern Gospel Music
·        Vietnam stories (Peace Out!)
·        Great Jokes
·        Loves people and ministry
·        Loves Dennys!

David

·        Selfless Servant
·        Caring and willing to do anything for anyone
·        Fun to watch you play with the kids and seeing how much they love playing with you
·        How proud you are of all the grandkids


Stephanie

·        I love the way that you work hard at everything you do – big or small. You have an amazing work ethic.
·        I admire your love for the church and church body. You have always been such an amazing church member. Our churches would be a whole new place if everyone valued the church like you do.
·        I appreciate the way you make everyone feel special. Whether a stranger in a store to someone sick in the hospital.
·        Love the way dad laughs and way he makes others laugh. Sometimes it’s just by listening to him laugh.
·        You are a man of great integrity. You always know that you are going to do what is right no matter what it might cost you.

Brooke

·        I love that you love life. Whether you are jumping at a birthday party (best memory ever) or going to school events like AK’s farm day or the kids sporting events you always make time and you bring so much joy and yelling J to the room!
·        You are the biggest cheerleader. You love your family and it shows. You make sure to do anything and everything for your family. You don’t miss anything for your grandkids! You also light up when you talk about your family.
·        You are so dependable and loyal. If you are needed you are there. If anyone ever asks you for anything you meet that need.  You also do it ASAP – you are incredible servant to your family and to anyone you meet.
·        OU Sooners & Jesus – you are the person I think about every Saturday and Sunday. I love your love for the Sooners and your passion for Jesus. If I ask anybody about you they know that you love the Sooners and that you are amazing servant for Jesus and the Kingdom.
·        You’re my hero! I think we have a lot in common, we usually lack tack and sometimes need a filter but I hope that one day people would say I’m like my Dad because that would mean that I put others before myself, I made a difference for God, I loved my family, I had integrity, and I made a difference in this world!

We love you Dad and Papa! We are so blessed that you are ours!
Happy Birthday!

No comments:

Post a Comment