Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Gender Reveal Party #1

David and I were so looking forward to June 26th, this was the day that we would find out if we would be buying bows or baseballs! I was pumped about it and wanted to throw a Gender Reveal party that night after our appointment. That Monday I went to my sister's house and we made  the famous sugar cookies for 3 hours. We were PUMPED! I decorated the table with the ice cream themed items and was set, Sonya was called to pick up the balloons and everything was perfect and ready, a little too perfect and ready.

That Tuesday morning I got up so excited about life and drove to the doctor. In my mind, there was no way that we would not know what Baby Green was. I was on CLOUD NINE. I waited in the waiting room with David for what felt like a million years. We finally got to the room and both of us were like kids, nervous but so excited. As soon as Dr. Kileen came in we started talking about seeing the baby and David mentioned that we had a Gender Reveal Party scheduled that we were going to be throwing. Dr. Kileen told me well when are you going to throw this party, in a couple of weeks and I said ummmm tonight! :) He said well it's a little early hopefully we can see something. For the next 10 minutes I watched the screen as Baby Green was perfectly sleeping in a ball, knees together, and very modest! Dr. Kileen kept saying "Geez usually I can tell something, but I can't tell anything." In my mind, at this time, I was still very hopefully and knew we would know, until he looked at me and said I'm sorry I can't see anything. At that moment I knew 2 things for sure, I would be having a cookie early that day because the party was cancelled  and secondly that this was indeed a Green - very stubborn! :)

Tomorrow we go for our BIG appointment. We have been moving all week and I haven't baked the cookies, it's going to be really low key, because I don't want to get my hopes up again. I will be 19 weeks and 4 days and so I'm in the perfect time to know, so keep your fingers crossed.

On a side note I know that we will find out tomorrow, because when we were suppose to find out the first time I knew it was suppose to happen because I had a 30% to Kohl's coupon to use for shopping. I was upset that we didn't know, because I had planned to use it for the baby. I know that God loves me and that we will find out tomorrow because not only do I have a 30% coupon again I also have 17 $10 off coupons! COME ON BABY GREEN!

Ice Cream Cookies for the 1st Gender Reveal Party

Boy

Girl

Table Set Up

One more table picture

Barley and I on the way to the doctor!!! SUPER PUMPED!

Waiting and Waiting


No Baby News = Getting to eat a cookie early!


No comments:

Post a Comment