Thursday, March 24, 2011

Barley Must Have a Guardian Angel

I truly believe that Barley has a Guardian Angel because someone was looking out for us a couple nights ago. David has been studying hard for school and so the last couple of nights he has been out at Tech till about 10:30 every night. With him being busy and with family being in town this month, Barley and I haven't had our daily walk outside. I got home and I decided that Barley and I would go out for our walk. I shortly realized that Barley didn't have his harness or his leash at the house but I was still determined to go outside and walk. I found a broken leash, that didn't have the handle on it but I thought this will work I will just wrap it around my arm. I put the leash on Barley's collar and we went outside. I hate taking Barley on walks with his collar because I don't have as much control over him and so he is mainly walking me and not me walking him.


I was determined so we went on our way. We went down our street and on our normal path when I noticed that about 5 kids were playing down the street. I decided to take Barley to the other side of the street to avoid a mishap. I was trying to get Barley's attention because I wanted him closer to me when we went pass the children. I tugged on the leash and as soon as I tugged, the leash broken, Barley's name tags went every where and Barley was off his leash with a little girl running across the street to see Barley! It was like I was in slow motion but I had to react in the fastest way possible. I grab Barley, pick up the tags, and try to get his leash back on even though it is broken. Some how I was able to get it all done as the little girl asked to pet Barley! I was in a different crazy mind set after that, not paying attention about 7 minutes later I found myself and Barley lost on a different street that I had never been on. Being the smart girl I am, I always take my phone.... I wasn't that smart tonight, and left it on the charger.


To make a long story short, Barley and I made it home 10 minutes later, with a broke leash and no phone. I know that Barley had his angel watching over us because:


1) He didn't attack the little girl running across the street

2) He didn't run away, causing his mother (who is not in shape) to run after him to kingdom come

3) We made it home from being lost in Lubbock (and in our neighborhood which is what is sad)


Plan for our next walk.... Wait for David and Barley's harness!

1 comment:

  1. Hmmm...I'm a bit worried about you. Lost in your own neighborhood?? Have you been sniffing Central Park Pralines by Scentsy?

    ReplyDelete