Thursday, September 6, 2012

Pumpkin's Name

So many people have asked me what our little pumpkin's name is. It's not a secret and we have told friends and family the night of our Gender Party and we continue to share her name. I have always loved southern names, even though I don't think hers is too southern but she will have 2 names. David and I had our names picked out for boy or girl by Week 12 and so it's been fun to call our little pumpkin by name. We most the time call her little pumpkin because David always calls me Pumpkin and so when we found out it was a girl he had 2 pumpkins a big one and a little one!
 
 
I was big on family names and had always wanted to name my little girl Madison and call her Maddie Ann, after my grandfather that past away name Madison James. Madison at that time was not a popular name but now a days I have had at least one Madison in every class I teach at church, school or whatever. It was funny Catherine had a Madison, Matti, and a Madeline at her last birthday and she only invited 4 girls. Knowing that I wasn't going to name her Madison or Maddie, I still liked Ann. My Sister is my hero and her middle name is Suzanne and so is my mom's, in honor of them I wanted to take Ann from that for a little girl, I have talked about doing that since college. When David and I met I found out that his mom's middle name was Susan and his sister's was Suzanne. Pretty crazy.
 
David and I looked at names one night and I wrote a list of the ones I liked down and then he looked at the list and crossed off the ones that he didn't like. We were really set on same thing. We loved the boy name too and hope to use it one day.
 
 
We can't wait for our little pumpkin to be here in 12 weeks! She is going to be so sweet and so loved!
 
We can't wait to meet you Anna Kate! 

No comments:

Post a Comment